- 3,516 3,516 Total Auto-Related Employers
- $1.08B $1.08 Billion in Total 2016 Car Sales
- 35,255 35,255 Total New Car Sales
Employer figures compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by Dun & Bradstreet and USgeocoder; Compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by IHS Markit and USgeocoder, sales figures represent new vehicle registrations between January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
503,548 Registered Vehicles
- Cars 269,776 (53.58%)
- SUVs/CUVs 132,605 (26.33%)
- Pickups 62,078 (12.33%)
- Vans/Minivans 33,858 (6.72%)
- Gas 475,095 (94.35%)
- Diesel 6,839 (1.36%)
- Hybrid 16,546 (3.29%)
- Electric 1,885 (0.37%)
- Plug-In Hybrid 2,567 (0.51%)
In District 47, the average age of vehicles is 10.4 years.
The national average age of vehicles is 11.2 years.
Figures as of December 31, 2016, and were compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by IHS Markit and USgeocoder.
35,255 Vehicles Sold
- Cars 18,912 (53.64%)
- SUVs/CUVs 11,711 (33.22%)
- Pickups 3,085 (8.75%)
- Vans/Minivans 1,547 (4.39%)
- Gas 32,037 (90.87%)
- Diesel 499 (1.42%)
- Hybrid 1,653 (4.69%)
- Electric 530 (1.50%)
- Plug-In Hybrid 533 (1.51%)
Figures compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by IHS Markit and USgeocoder, and represent new vehicle registrations between January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
Auto-Related Activity at Ports
- $20.79 Billion Total Imports
- $22.99 Billion Total Exports
- $2.02 Billion Total Imports
- $3.34 Billion Total Exports
Compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by USA Trade Online, figures represent port activity over the past decade and between January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
- Gasoline Stations 301
- Electric Charging Stations 46
- Biodiesel Stations 0
- Compressed Natural Gas Stations 5
- Hydrogen Stations 1
- Liquefied Natural Gas Stations 2
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas Stations 4
Compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by U.S. Department of Energy’s Alternative Fuels Data Center and USgeocoder, figures represent fueling stations as of 10/11/16.
District 47 Consumers
- $30,627 $30,627 Average MSRP Per New Car
- $59,744 $59,744 Median Household Income
- $4,979 $4,979 Median Monthly Household Income
- $557 $557 Median Monthly New Car Payment
- 11% 11% Monthly Car Payment as a Percent of Monthly Income
- Drive alone to work (81%)
- Carpool to work (9%)
- Take public transportation (4%)
- Other (5%)
Figures compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by IHS Markit, U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey 2015 and Federal Reserve BAnk of St. Louis. Median Monthly New Car Payment computed for a 48-month loan based on MSRP with 20% down and an APR of 4.35%.
District 47 Automaker Facilities
Compiled From Company Reports
|Motor Vehicles and Equipment||74||1,467|
|Suppliers, Parts and Tires||347||2,157|
|Motor Vehicle Dealers (New and Used)||222||5,287|
|Motor Vehicle Dealers (Used Only)||208||747|
|Auto Supply Stores||319||1,594|
|Property and Casualty Insurance||3||25|
|Car and Truck Rentals||183||888|
|Automotive Repair Shops||1,411||4,885|
|Carwashes And Other Service||357||2,129|
Facility and employee figures compiled by Auto Alliance with data provided by Dun & Bradstreet and USgeocoder
Automaker Facilities In District 47
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America
|Long Beach WCC||Long Beach||74|
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
|Port/Transport Operations||Long Beach||245|